The Perfect Seafood Recipe Using Ingredients From Get All Fresh
Cooking a delicious, homemade meal is something many people do to de-stress. Cooking is also something many people do to surprise their family or their loved ones. We found the perfect dish to cook whether you will be cooking for your family, your friends, or your boyfriend or girlfriend. This dish is perfect for a family-style sharing meal or a romantic dinner date with your significant other.
Recently, with the COVID-19 pandemic, many people started learning how to cook. This recipe is perfect for people who are just beginning to cook or even for people who are experienced home cooks already. The recipe we are sharing is a recipe for a Seafood Risotto dish. Don’t be intimidated by the name because we have provided an easy step by step guide on making this Seafood Risotto. And with just a bit of patience and love, you can perfect this recipe!
One of the most important key factors to remember when you make dishes that contain seafood is that fresh ingredients are a must! We all know that the best place to find fresh seafood, vegetables, and fruits in the Philippines are at wet markets, also known as “palengkes.” However, it’s been quite difficult and a hassle to go to wet markets lately because of the current COVID-19 pandemic. No one wants to go somewhere where it’s filled with people and is crowded. However, Get All has the perfect solution for you! We are excited to announce our latest services: Get All Fresh and Mommy Mili!
Get All Fresh is a shopper service that shops for fresh produce like fish, crab, shrimp, vegetables, fruits and many more. This service is perfect for people who want to “pabili” anything from palengkes or wet markets and customers who want to get the freshest and top quality produce. This service is also very beneficial because Mommy Mili is guaranteed to buy the freshest, best quality, and most affordable produce for you! You can even give your specific instructions to Mommy Mili if you have any special requests, like descaling the fish or cutting up the meat in certain ways.
Now, moving on to the recipe. First, what is risotto? Risotto is an Italian dish that is made with a specific type of short-grain white rice. There are many different types of risottos: wild mushroom risotto, truffle risotto, vegan risotto, crab risotto, saffron risotto, spinach risotto, and a lot more. But today, we will be writing about how to make a Seafood Risotto.
The correct method of making risotto is to start by sautéing the onions and the garlic. After this, you have to lightly toast the risotto rice and then add the white wine. After the rice absorbs the white wine, you can slowly start adding the hot broth. Once the rice absorbs all the liquid again, you can slowly add more broth. Keep doing this until the rice is cooked to perfection. You also want to make sure that you are stirring the risotto. This is so that the rice will cook evenly and so that it does not stick and burn at the bottom of the pot.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves (4 for risotto, 2 for mussels), minced
- 1 1/4 cup white wine (1/4 for risotto, 1 cup for mussels)
- 4 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 cups fish stock or vegetable broth
- 7 ounces live mussels
- 7 ounces prawns or shrimp
- 7 ounces baby scallops
- 7 ounces baby squid (calamari rings)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot, add the white wine, salt, and pepper. On medium heat, bring it to a simmer then add the mussels. Cover the pot with a lid and let the mussels steam for 5 minutes or until the mussels have opened.
- In another pot, heat up the fish stock or the vegetable broth (whichever you choose to use). Let it come to a boil then lower the heat.
- In another pot, add the olive oil and heat it up on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the white onions and the garlic. Cook and stir until the white onion becomes translucent.
- Add the risotto rice to the pot and let it cook for around 3 to 5 minutes and stir it occasionally. Add more of the white and lemon juice to deglaze the pot.
- In a bowl, mix together the water and tomato paste. Add the mixture to the pot with the risotto and wait until the risotto rice absorbs all the liquid again.
- Slowly add a ladle of the fish broth or vegetable to the risotto. Once the liquid gets completely absorbed, add another ladle. Keep repeating this for 18 minutes. Don’t forget to gently stir the risotto so that it does not stick to the bottom and so that it does not burn.
- Once 18 minutes have passed, add the mussels, scallops, prawns, and baby squid to the pot while the risotto continues to cook. You can also add more broth one ladle at a time, if needed. Cook the risotto for another 7 minutes or until the risotto is perfectly cooked.
- Add the grated parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Lastly, garnish the dish with the flat-leaf parsley.
We hope you enjoy this Seafood Risotto Recipe! You can post your finished products on Instagram and tag us at @getall_ph.
To avail of the new Mommy Mili service, these are the steps you have to take. First, check out our price list and menu then message your order to Get All Services on Viber at (0915) 219 0003 or (0918) 911 1313. Once receiving your order, the Personal Shopper Admin will coordinate with Mommy Mili then she will start to harvest the customer’s order list. The customer can also choose to give specific requests like the size, cut, or freshness of the products. The next step is that the Personal Shopper Admin will inform the customer on the total bill, including shopper’s fee, delivery fee, and add-ons (if applicable). The customer can send the payment via GCASH, Paymaya, bank transfer, or cash. Mommy Mili will give the purchased orders to the rider/driver. Lastly, the rider will deliver the fresh produce to the customer and receive payment (if cash on delivery option is the mode of payment).